Why Should I Consider an Implant Restoration?
As Dr. Chen can explain, your teeth are just one part of the system that makes up your smile, but they are an important part of that system. The pressure exerted on the roots of your teeth while you chew your food strengthens your jawbone. A dental implant provides, among other things, a replacement root for the lost tooth that will keep your jaw healthy and strong. Another dentis will place the actual titanium implant that will serve as the root of the tooth. However, Dr. Chen will place the porcelain crown or restoration that will fill out your smile and allow you to eat and speak with confidence once again.
Like the titanium implant, the porcelain restoration is very compatible with the human body. With the proper care, your implant will complement your appearance for years to come and can last a lifetime. Your restoration can look and feel completely natural and be easy to care for. A dental implant restoration can:
- Improve your appearance, including the shape of your face
- Boost your self-confidence
- Allow you to speak clearly and eat properly
- Help keep your remaining teeth in their proper positions
- Allow you to continue to brush and floss your teeth
- Let you enjoy your favorite foods once again
Dr. Chen will also discuss with you the importance of good oral hygiene and healthy lifestyle choices to make sure your implant serves you well.